Senior Manager, Supply Chain, Kitting and Delivery
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision
transforming patients lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role will oversee four kitting managers and their respective
teams in support of 24/7 operations within the Cell Therapy
Facility (CTF). This role is accountable to manage a well-designed
and integrated supply plan from controlled-non-classified (CNC)
material receipt to manufacturing delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the
* Develop and manage four leaders of people.
* Coach and counsel team leaders to develop their skill sets and
create an environment of continuous learning, teamwork,
transparency, and a sense of urgency.
* Communicate with stakeholders inside and outside of Supply Chain
to drive successful outcomes for the site and functional business
* Maintain and communicate performance metrics for team, while
setting and maintaining high expectations for team performance &
compliance with BMS Values.
Material Kitting & Delivery
* Manage receipt of patient material and patient process
* Manage kitting of components and delivery of materials into ISO
classified & non-classified process suites.
* Conduct investigations and root cause analyses on any supply
disruptions or material quality issues; assess, evaluate, and own
* Maintain & control bin locations in the Cell Therapy
* Optimize internal capacity and capabilities to ensure
manufacturing material needs are met.
* Identify strategic and operational issues both internally and
externally, develop proposals, outline solutions, and provide time
commitments and resources.
* Coordinate, manage, and perform regular physical inventory counts
Manage Area Safety & Quality
* Ensure a safe work environment is maintained in all areas where
group activities occur.
* Promote and engage team in safety and safety training program;
foster a culture of compliance and strong environmental, health,
and safety performance.
* Assure compliance with all FDA, DEA, DOT, ISBT, CTPAT, OSHA,
VAWD, cGMPs, and applicable policies.
* Manage the creation, implementation and maintenance of
documentation, procedures, and training curricula.
* Own and manage change controls, deviations, and
* Ensure appropriate training and qualification for staff
* Participate in and/or lead cross-functional teams to improve
systems, processes, or internal/external performance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Limited global travel up to 10% of time may be required.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Bachelor s degree required in Life Sciences, Supply Chain, or
* 7+ years relevant work experience required (preferable in GMP
manufacturing or process support).
* 3+ years of supervisory experience required.
* 3+ years of experience supporting ERP systems (preferably
* An equivalent combination of education, experience and training
* Preferred but not required: Certification in CPIM, CSCP, and/or
* Ability to strategically develop a team.
* Advanced proficiency in ERP systems and analytics tools.
* Advanced knowledge of fundamental concepts of materials
management, planning, and site production scheduling.
* Ability to effectively communicate problem statements and viable
solution options using pro vs. con and cost vs. benefit
* Ability to present data and analyses in an organized, clear, and
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* People management experience.
* Experience in biopharmaceutical clinical, supply chain,
manufacturing, and commercialization.
* Experience with lean six sigma projects and change execution
* Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work as a team and mentor peers and direct
* Ability to understand and solve complicated problems.
* Intermediate knowledge of cGMP/Pharmaceutical regulations.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the
lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the
field is an essential job function of this role which the Company
deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and
communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and
workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an
approved request for a medical or religious reasonable
accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located
in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already
received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by
their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of
employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law
restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in
certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also
subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives
in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities
can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable
workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles.
Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application or if you are applying to a role based
in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to
receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment
process, please direct your inquiries to ...@bms.com
(mailto:...@bms.com) . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to
access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be
treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Senior Manager, Supply Chain, Kitting and Delivery, Professions , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!