Posted on: November 23, 2022
Title: Assistant Scientist Location: Devens, MA Start date: ASAP
- The Assistant Scientist will be responsible for global network
support of the cryogenics and cold chain process for the
development and commercial biologics drug substance.
- This position will report to the Cryogenics & Cold Chain
Sciences team within the Manufacturing Sciences & Technologies
(MS&T) - Global Capabilities & Technical Strategy (GC&TS)
- The position will work closely with the cryogenics, analytical,
operations, downstream and manufacturing teams to conduct lab
studies that will support cryogenics & cold chain process, such as
process characterization and improvement, bulk product shipping
qualification, cryovial shipping qualification, freeze-thaw unit
- Conduct laboratory experiments to provide commercial support
related to cold chain biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes,
such as bulk fill, handling, freezing, thawing, storage, and cold
chain shipping operations for biologics drug substance.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, lab supply
management, preparation of buffers and reagents, and execution of
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, documentation of
experimental data and results in laboratory notebook, data
verification and preparation of final reports to summarize the
findings. Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed, when
- Work effectively across multiple cross-functional areas and
work independently to accomplish project goals. Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biological or Chemical
Sciences/Engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least 6 months or more of experience in a professional
industry setting or multiple years of experience in an academic
- Prior experience must include the following responsibilities:
preparation and handling of test solutions, generation of
experimental designs/test scripts or protocols, execution of
experiments, operation of analytical instrumentation, data
compilation and analysis, and report authoring.
- Knowledge of common protein analytical tools (pH, UV-vis
spectrophotometry, HPLC) and demonstrated experimental skills for
lab work are required.
- The candidate should possess good verbal and written
communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong
attention to detail, excellent experimental/troubleshooting
aptitude, and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of protein freezing/thawing, formulation, and
stability is desired.
Keywords: Joul--, Nashua , Assistant Scientist, Other , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!