Linguist-CAT II- Hindi/Bengali - Iraq
Company: Arrow Security & Training LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Arrow Security & Training LLC (AST) is a privately owned training
company with our corporate headquarters in New Hampshire and a
satellite office in Virginia. AST is a SBA Certified 8(a) and
Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) who provides
tailored military training, training support and a host of services
to government and private sector clients worldwide. The range and
depth of our skills distinguishes us from competitors.
Arrow Security & Training, LLC is currently seeking CAT II
linguist/translator for work in Iraq.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Provide operational contract linguist support to U.S. Army
operations in various locations worldwide
- Provide general linguistic support for military operations and
interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
- Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
- Perform document exploitation; Scan, research and analyze
foreign language documents for key information
- Translate and review foreign language documents; Identify and
extract information components meeting military information
requirement list criteria; Provide input to reports.
- Linguists are required to work 12-hour shifts and in excess of
60-hour weeks in order to provide continuous contract linguist
support that this 24 x 7 operation requires.
- Linguists must be available for worldwide deployment as the
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended
periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk long distances without assistance
Qualifications And Skills
An excellent command of Target Language, as well as strong verbal
and written American English skills (grammar, vocabulary, idioms,
and spelling). Linguist work products are prepared in English.
Applicants shall have native proficiency in the SCRL (ILR level 4
to 5) and a working proficiency in English (ILR level 2+).
- Applicants must hold a current U.S. Passport (or apply as soon
as accepted into the program) or 5 eyes partner nations (US, UK,
Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) who have been screened by
- Applicants must have active Secret security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. (AST will process qualified candidates for
a Security Clearance)
- Applicants must be willing to travel overseas
- Willingness to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24
x 7 Operations
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office
- All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and
written skills language
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Arrow Security & Training LLC, Nashua , Linguist-CAT II- Hindi/Bengali - Iraq, Other , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!