CNC Lathe Operator
Company: Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT)
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize
in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly
engineered components. With over 175 years of combined experience,
300,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented
employees across the United States and Canada, we leverage our
combined expertise and state of the art CNC machining capabilities
to deliver quality machined parts to customers all across the
globe. Our primary commitment is to provide our customers with a
quality product, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Waiteco Machine (WCO), a CMT company, is seeking a CNC Lathe
Operator for our Devens, MA location. The CNC Lathe Operator is
responsible for operating computer numerical control (CNC) on a
variety of lathe machines to perform machine functions on very
close tolerance machined parts. If you are looking for an
organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and
passion for success, Waiteco Machine is a great place to
- This position works a schedule of Monday thru Friday from
6:30am-3:00pm. The pay range for this role is between $23.00 -
$27.00 per hour depending on experience.*
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Verifies cycle times on all jobs and reports discrepancies to
his/her crew chief and annotates on traveler.
- Verifies/sets gauging against known standards and ensures
gauging is correct per inspection sheet.
- Knows and ensures all safety devices are in place and working
- Inspects machine and work area in general for proper order and
- Able to block through a newly set job and/or a newly assigned
job and/or start up.
- Operates machinery according to acceptable and safe
- Makes routine adjustments to feeds, speeds, and offsets.
- Able to ascertain the need for changing inserts and capable of
doing so as needed.
- Able to do tool offsets in order to adjust machine outputs or
compensation for insert wear/replacement.
- Able to change work holding fixtures and tooling as
- Able to use Crib-master to check out and return tooling
- Lines up tools for next job and knows and uses correct storage
locations for fixtures, tooling, etc.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of set ups as directed
by machinist or crew chief.
- Licensed to run a forklift and competent with other forms of
handling equipment, e.g. pallet jack, hoists, etc.
- Competent in all the duties of a trainee and performs all tasks
as assigned by supervision/management.
Experience, Qualifications, And Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-5 years of experience working in a machine shop.
- 1+ years of CAM software (MasterCam) experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of micrometers, gauging, and comparator.
- Familiarity with Fanuc controls a plus!
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings/readings.
Benefits And Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to,
a competitive pay rate, accrued Paid Time Off, paid holidays,
401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as
well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and
life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term
Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.
Consolidated Machine & Tool and all of its locations are a
drug-free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibit
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business
needs, job requirements, and individual experience and
qualifications, without regard to a person's sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race,
creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other
status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT), Nashua , CNC Lathe Operator, Other , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!