Senior Subcontract Administrator
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: January 9, 2022
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most
advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to
illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and
space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered
today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for
the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment
provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your
personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our
mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us -." Sound like a team you
want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions, we design and manufacture
state-of-the-art systems and technology that enable our customers
to execute their precision strike missions. Our Operations
employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions
to meet our customers' needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing
and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with
technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our
training and development programs provide employees with career
advancement in a diverse work environment.
The successful candidate will support a program at our Nashua, New
Hampshire location via a hybrid work from home model. We will
consider remote candidates, preferably near another Electronic
Systems BAE Systems location.
In this role you will:
- Manage suppliers through all phases of program execution -
Support proposal preparation activities, administer subcontracts,
and execute supplier management activities to provide for
acquisition and fulfillment of direct requirements in accordance
with company policies, legal requirements, and customer
- Procure materials, equipment, supplies and services of a
highly-specialized and complex nature based on program specific
requirements and specifications.
- Prepare and issue complex subcontract types. Validate and
contribute to the formation of specifications, statements of work,
and Subcontract Management Plans.
- Prepare requests for proposals and review responses for
documentation adequacy, develop evaluation criteria, lead proposal
evaluation team in fact-finding, and cost/price analyses, and
negotiate subcontract provisions.
- Document subcontract files in compliance with FAR/DFAR
Regulations, company policies and procedures, and program special
- Prepares, issues, and administers non-disclosure agreement with
subcontractors as required.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions and specific subcontract terms
and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance
Who you are:
- Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross
functional program teams on all subcontract related issues;
multi-tasking is crucial for success. Must be able to assess,
prioritize, drive issues to closure and be assertive when
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance
- Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other
subcontract team members to promote operational excellence.
- Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external
customers and foster and maintain good supplier relationships.
- Drive Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 4 years or more of
directly related work experience preferably in a
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design
& manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and
the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of
Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation)
and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with
subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word,
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Curiosity and desire for continuous improvement
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Cost Analysis experience
- Graduate Degree in a related field.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M.,
- Secret clearance required or secret eligible.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an
international defense, aerospace and security company which
delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and
naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security,
information technology solutions and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission,
but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your
passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security
with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence
solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national
security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a
big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a
rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems
(ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing
defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we
push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge
and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products
and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the
ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000
highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest
minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and
the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of
skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the
table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're
laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to
nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and
thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will
also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and
collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Keywords: BAE Systems, Nashua , Senior Subcontract Administrator, Other , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!