Company: St. Paul's School
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Director or
Engineering Projects Manager, the Projects Coordinator is
responsible for the technical and administrative matters pertaining
to the execution of minor capital renewal and renovation
projects. Responsibilities include development of project
scope, generation of project estimates and request packages for
approval, working as part of a project team, construction
coordination from project inception through completion which
includes; procurement of labor & materials, administration of
contract specifications, monitoring & tracking project cost and
schedule, inspection of work for compliance and final
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to direct and work with outside contractors, assisting
with the coordination of maintenance and construction projects from
initiation and contractor mobilization on campus through completion
including satisfactory close out of punch list.
- Provide design services to School clients on Interior and minor
- Select/specify School furniture and interact with vendors
(furniture, carpet, window, etc.) to solicit pricing/bids.
- Ability to perform construction related safety
- Performs daily field coordination, field inspections and data
gathering work as assigned.
- Makes field checks of project sites.
- Performs a variety of drawing/drafting using AutoCAD related to
on-going work and updating of existing files.
- Coordinates and communicates project status with faculty and
staff affected by projects.
- Maintain files and records in an orderly fashion, maintains
electronic project database.
- Other related office duties as assigned including filing,
office organization, updating building/facilities data as changes
occur and attending meetings as necessary.
- Assists Facilities Operations with minor maintenance project
implementation, such as a kitchen or bath renovation.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress;
coordinating activities; resolving problems; keeping supervisors
apprised of schedule compliance.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and
plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Control project costs by recommending expenditures for payment;
administering vendor contracts; monitoring and reporting on change
orders and budget variances.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Associate’s degree plus experience in Engineering, Construction
Management or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years of project administration
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and interact with a
variety of different School constituencies.
- Ability to oversee the work of technical and skilled-trade
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, 3-D Rendering
program and other related software.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, stress, detailed work,
and meet deadlines.
The characteristics described below are representative of
those encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be
required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands
to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to negotiate uneven terrain, climb
ladders/scaffolding during construction
- May be subject to exposure to extremes of temperature and
weather outside during construction
- Sufficient visual and auditory acuity to safely observe
construction, notice details, read plans, inspection reports and
other job related printed material.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three
professional references with application.
St. Paul's School is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of
diversity. St. Paul's School does not discriminate on the basis of
race, creed, ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation, and
complies with applicable laws for the protection of civil
- 5 year(s): Project administration experience
- Associates or better in Construction Management Services or
Keywords: St. Paul's School, Nashua , Project Coordinator, Other , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!