Responsible for all production activities in a cleanroom
environment. This includes direct supervision of all production
personnel ensuring all quality and safety procedures are followed
and that manufacturing output results are achieved.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Working 5:30 AM- 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday , the
Supervisor will be responsible to train, coach and motivate staff.
Execute disciplinary action of personnel when necessary.
- Plan work assignments based on schedule to ensure maximum
uptime of the area and assist in the assembly process where
- Respond to quality issues, material shortages and equipment
malfunctions and find solutions to each.
- Ensure quality and safety procedures are followed and goals are
met on a consistent basis; ensure all cleanroom guidelines are
- Ensure all cleanroom prep work is properly completed by self
- Review the manufacturing process and final output pieces to
ensure all steps have been completed.
- Maintain accurate production and inventory records to ensure
accuracy and traceability.
- Develop manufacturing protocols for assemblies consistent with
the requirements from the Engineering department.
- Interface with other departments as required ensuring all
department and company goals are achieved.
- Oversee production workers by inspecting their work; ensures
orders are completed, inspected, tested, packed, and shipped on
time and that all work is completed in accordance with the
company's quality guidelines, corporate safety program and standard
- Maintain all production equipment ensuring that regular
maintenance requirements are completed and documented according to
the company's operating procedures; report any malfunctions to
management and makes recommendations for problem resolution.
- Ensure that materials required for production are available;
orders additional materials when needed.
- Notify management if production schedules cannot be met and
recommends a change in priorities.
- Develop and implement operating procedures designed to reduce
operating inefficiencies or problems and to improve product
- Evaluate and implement process improvement activities while
following appropriate change control requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Five + years assembly/fabrication within a cleanroom
- Three+ years supervisor/ team lead experience within a
- Five+ years working in a manual insertion vs machine assembly
- KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
The work environment characteristics and physical effort
described here are representative of those an associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in a production/clean room environment with
adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature
and noise level.
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of
the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for
associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height,
reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull
up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both
hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as
well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do
not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned
on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation