Company: iCAD, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Sr. Accountant to assist
in all facets of the corporate accounting process. This individual
will report to the Accounting Manager and will play an integral
role in both the day-to-day accounting functions and the month-end
close process. The candidate needs to be able to work independently
and will focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and ensure completion of the financial month-end close
process, including preparation of journal entries, account
reconciliations, financial reporting and organize supporting
documentation and SOX checklists.
- Perform detailed and timely balance sheet reconciliations.
Research and resolve questions.
- Communicate to the Accounting Manager meaningful commentary on
both the Balance Sheet and P&L on a monthly basis, which may
require research and analysis of variances and document resolution
- Manage prepaid expenses schedule and prepare related journal
entries, analyze prepaid contracts that are ending and being
proactive on renewing contracts.
- Analyze transactions and propose journal entries from source
documents including cash, inventory, payroll, prepaid, rents,
loans, management fees, etc.
- Analyze expense account fluxes and work with AP and prepare
accrual and/or adjusting entries as necessary.
- Process sales and use tax returns.
- Review reconciliations monthly for various bank accounts timely
for month and quarter end close.
- Perform monthly allocation for general ledger activity.
- Analyze and Process fixed assets including running
depreciation/amortization, managing equipment in process tracking,
add completed projects to fixed asset module and start depreciation
of assets, and dispose of assets, as needed and reconcile to the
general ledger and maintain proper documentation for backup. This
includes forecasting future amortization for reporting and
- Assist Accounting Manager and VP Controller in cash
- Review and maintain compliance with internal control policies
and procedures, SOX package and supplementary accounting
- Review employee expense reports for manager approval, expense
reporting accuracy, and supporting documentation, which may include
working with the employee to obtain proper receipts or additional
- Assist with Accounts Receivable to include collecting on past
due accounts and researching unapplied Cash on customer
- Assist with and prepare schedules for both internal and
- Research and resolve audit questions as requested on a timely
Other Duties Include:
- Perform other routine and non-routine functions as assigned by
- Contribute process improvements.
- Assist with various system implementation projects.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Administration with 7-10 years' work experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to
analyze large amounts of data. (basic formulas, pivot tables,
- Ability to manage priorities, workflow, and communicate across
- Knowledge of GAAP and application of accounting principles,
financial process and internal controls.
- Self-motivated individual with high degree of responsibility
including confidentiality, sense of urgency, and
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify
- Must be detail oriented and possess a strong work ethic with
the ability to work extended hours during critical periods and to
meet project deadlines.
Office Location: Nashua, NH
Keywords: iCAD, Inc., Nashua , Sr. Accountant, Other , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!