Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Temporary)
Company: Community Health Connections
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately post payments and adjustments to patient accounts
according to contractual agreements.
- Ensure all EOB's are processed and any denied claims are
resubmitted accurately and timely.
- Report any and all underpayments according to payer contract to
the Patient Accounts Manager prior to making any adjustments.
- Research, escalate and resolve any denied claims either
identified from payer remittances or aged account reports. Seek
guidance from Patient Accounts Manager on complex denials.
- Work with payers to resolve outstanding denied claims.
- Run and work AR Reports Monthly.
- Report any and all claims that are denying due to system set up
issues to the EDI Coordinator and Patient Accounts Manager.
- Report any and all claims that are denying due to credentialing
issues to the Credentialing Specialist and the Patient Accounts
- Reconcile all assigned payers and/or patient payments to the
ledger updated daily by accounting.
- Assist patients with inquiries regarding account balances by
verifying primary, secondary and tertiary eligibility.
- Refer self pay patients to patient service representatives for
assistance with enrolling in or obtaining health care.
- Enroll patients with balances into payment plans using direct
withdrawal from a credit card or bank account.
- Set up budget plans for patients with balances that do not want
to set up a payment plan using direct withdrawal.
- Review self pay and patient balances for active insurance
- Assist with completely and accurately processing daily charges
from the holding tank within 24 hours from the date of service when
assigned the task by the Patient Account Manager.
- Assist with submitting electronic claims to the clearinghouse
and dropping and mailing paper claims with all required
documentation to payers when assigned the task by the Patient
- Assist with creating and submitting patient statement files to
the clearinghouse when assigned the task by the Patient Account
- Performs other job related duties as required or assigned.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment of the health center
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the established CHC
Values and Standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years Medical Billing experience.
- Experience with use of various PC based software products,
including but not limited to: word processing, spreadsheets and
database programs such as MS Access. Experience with MassHealth,
Medicare, 3rd party billing and collections required. Experience
with NextGen software preferred. Knowledge of the Uncompensated
Care pool, and other state funding helpful.
Compensation: Non-certified/entry level starts at $16.50/hr;
certified biller $19.25/hr
Keywords: Community Health Connections, Nashua , Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Temporary), Other , Fitchburg, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!