Company: Johnson Matthey
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Johnson Matthey ('JM') is a global leader in science that
enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of
sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs,
we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers'
products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low
emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making
the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today
more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our
network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the
world around us.
The HR Advisor is responsible for the administering and advising
their regional businesses on the company's HR practices, policies,
and procedures, inclusive of providing coaching and advice to
employees and line managers.
They work collaboratively with HR Business Partners, Local HR
Managers, and Heads of People Services in executing appropriate
people strategies in order to achieve strategic business
objectives, including supporting performance management, talent
management planning, employee engagement and employee
The incumbent supports all businesses in their region by
providing expert advice/counsel to managers and employees in areas
all aspects of human resources in compliance with local and federal
- Advises on all HR matters such as policy interpretation,
performance management, training & development, employee relations,
communications, team effectiveness, and compensation & benefits
- Work collaboratively with HRBP's, Centers of Expertise, and
People Services teams to ensure proper administration of human
resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provides reliable and timely coaching and counseling to
employees on issues to ensure consistent, transparent application
of policies, procedures, and employments laws.
- Handle new employee on-boarding from talent team hand-off until
day 1 orientation to ensure a positive and welcoming experience for
- Develops HR related materials and procedures as necessary to
ensure compliance with company and business unit best practices and
all state and federal regulations.
- Maintains regular contact with employees, managers and global
HRBP's in order to help identify and solve potential problems
before they grow
- Supports managers in resolution of employment relations
- Contributes to how HR processes could be managed in a more
efficient and effective way.
- Update/distribute global organizational charts and execute HR
- Counsels and directs staff with regard to career paths and
related development programs
- Serves as the local People Services point of contact
supporting/delivering internal processes
- Conducts training on company policy, programs, and other issues
as they arise when needed
- Partners and participates with local team(s) on recruitment
- Serves as an active member of People Services on related
project teams as assigned.
- Partner with local HR team to ensure we implement, track and
complete our yearly performance management process (goal setting,
- Work in a team environment to promote wellbeing and
- Apprise and escalates potential legal, risk, safety, and
employee concerns in a timely manner
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree qualification in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Human Resources related
- Proven operational experience in Human Resources
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to
communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word,
Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Experience with LOA process, immigration process desirable
- Experience working internationally over several geographies and
- Recognized HR certification (PHR, SHRM, etc.)desirable
- Experience in ADP/Kronos desirable
- Experience supporting remote employee populations
Keywords: Johnson Matthey, Nashua , HR Advisor, Other , Devens, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!