Manager - Incoming Quality Assurance Disposition Cell Therapy
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: June 1, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Manager, Incoming Quality Assurance Disposition position
will support the startup of the BMS Devens Cell Therapy Facility
(CTF) by developing the procedures and business processing for all
incoming materials including raw materials, consumables, and other
starting materials. The role will oversee the routine incoming and
on-time release of materials to support manufacturing. This
individual will also be the SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
This role is responsible for quality and incoming material
disposition activities at the Devens, MA Cell Therapy manufacturing
facility, in accordance with Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) policies,
standards, procedures and Global cGMP. Functional responsibilities
include performing incoming material release, ensuring accurate and
timely maintenance and review of incoming and/or kitting
documentation, and providing operations shop floor oversight. This
individual will ensure accurate and timely release of raw
materials, consumables, and other incoming components, maintenance
and review of SOPs, and acts as a Subject Matter Expert in incoming
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and experience with cGMP manufacturing,
Quality, and compliance.
- Directs quality initiatives that accomplish continuous
improvement and enhance site manufacturing efficiencies, while
providing a safe and compliant process.
- Must be action-oriented and customer-focused and skilled in
decision-making, building relationships, problem solving, conflict
management, planning and organizing, resource allocation, coaching
others, and analytical thinking.
- Must possess an independent mindset and tenacity.
- Requires moderate direction to complete more complex tasks;
completes routine tasks with little supervision.
- Work is self-directed.
- Confident in making decisions for minor issues.
- Routinely recognizes Quality issues and solves problems.
- Is recognized Subject Matter Expert within the group.
- Provides guidance to other employees in interpretation of
- Capable of providing input within the department and cross
- Builds relationships internally within and with cross
- Contributes to goals within the work group.
- Able to recognize conflict and notify management with proposed
recommendations for resolution.
- Able to prepare written communications and communicate problems
to management with clarity and accuracy.
- Able to effectively multi-task.
- Knowledge of US and global cGMP requirements.
- Teamwork and ability to work effectively across functional
groups and teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Knowledge and User of SAP Required.
- Education and Experience:
B.S. degree required, minimum 6 years of experience in the
pharmaceutical or related GMP industry required, of which 2 years
is within Quality Assurance
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on
the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with
disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process,
reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their
roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process
direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit
careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal
Employment Opportunity statement.
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Manager - Incoming Quality Assurance Disposition Cell Therapy, Other , Devens, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!