Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Job #: 33382 Title: Research Chemist Job Location: Nashua, New
Hampshire - United States Employment Type: Salary: $70,000.00 -
$90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? Ideal
opportunity for a Chemist who enjoys doing polymer synthesis work
carrying a new idea from the bench to a finished product that is
commercialized. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client manufactures specialty adhesives, coatings, coated
products, and thermoplastic extrusion Thy need a highly motivated
Research Chemist working in a team environment to lead projects
based on existing and new polymer technology. The Research Chemist
will lead synthesis and characterization projects and be
responsible for the success of all technical tasks from the
laboratory bench to the manufacturing floor. Responsibilities:
- Research and synthesize new polymer formulations from lab bench
to production scale up
- Identify regulatory status of new polymer formulations to
ensure compliance with TSCA, FDA, REACH and customer restricted
- Evaluate develop compound new formulations in urethanes,
thermoplastic extrusions and solvent and waterborne adhesives
(latex, natural/synthetic rubbers, PSAs)
- Utilize internal analytical resources to characterize
properties and performance of materials.
- Manage multiple projects to success from polymer group to
manufacturing and quality if required
- Outline, organize and perform experiments and projects for
external and internal customers.
- Communicate technical information to customers, raw material
suppliers, employees and visitors.
- Protect Company technology through use of IP tools, contribute
to building a strong IP portfolio.
- Travel to customers, on occasion as needed. QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, advanced
- 4 + years experience relevant industry experience, polymer
synthesis knowledge preferred.
- Hands-On Experience in coatings or adhesives preferred.
compounding, Urethane chemistry, Thermoplastics, Adhesives Science,
Plastic Film Extrusion or Polymer Science.
- Perform and interpret various physical and chemical analysis of
- Establish technical credibility and presence with internal and
- Knowledge of patents and IP procedures.
- Strong verbal, written skills and organizational skills
required to keep team focused
- Display sense of accountability and take ownership to drive
projects forward to success.
- Build and maintain relationships and interact effectively with
all levels within the organization.
- Influence without formal authority and leverage
cross-functional relationships to succeed.
- Strength in data collection and analysis, evaluation,
GC-Headspace, FTIR, DSC, instrumentation
- Travel to customers, on occasion as needed. Education:
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Nashua , Research Chemist, Other , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!