Windows Senior System & Security Administrator
Company: Pacific Defense
Posted on: May 8, 2022
** Due to the sensitive nature of our work, candidate must be a
US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret
Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret
Position Title: Windows Senior System & Security Administrator
Location: El Segundo, CA or Nashua, NH
Pacific Defense is designed to support the DoD's disciplined
movement to modular open standards. The company's approach
inherently enables what it refers to as a rapid prototyping
paradigm - embedding a commercial mentality into the defense
industry. Products are designed from the outset for modern,
AI-driven autonomy and CMOSS and SOSA-aligned hardware and software
solutions. This includes state-of-the-art processing that can
readily follow the evolution of commercial technology with complete
data sharing across networks and platforms.Who are we looking
for?Pacific Defense is seeking to hire a highly motivated Windows
Senior System and Security Administrator to provide support to the
our Enterprise IT Infrastructure and security teams.This position
will assist with the management of IT services and Security
including: Service Desk, Incident Management, Change Management,
Customer Service Operations, Telephone & Conference Call Services,
Desktop Support, Mobile Device Support, and Remote Access
Support.This position will focus on priority projects, support our
growing corporate infrastructure with day-to-day tasks and tier-2/3
support and work directly with the FSO and security team.In
addition, this role will be responsible for system security
planning, system/application compliance testing, project
management, tracking and remediating findings, and maintaining and
continuous improvement of documentation for communications web
applications and the incident response team's equipment. The
Windows Senior System and Security Administrator must have strong
knowledge and experience in information technology and security
- 5+ Years working with Active Directory or Azure Active
- 5+ Years working with virtual machines.
- 5+ Years of experience with Windows Server (MSCA/MSCE
- Mobile device management experience.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a multi-customer
- Knowledgeable of DCSA certification authority and familiar with
the RMF accreditation process.
- Experience with security configurations across multiple
operating systems in various environments, to include: Windows,
Linux/Unix, utilizing Active Directory/Group Policy, etc. is
- Security related certifications (CISM, Security +, GSLC, CISSP
or equivalent) is preferred.
- Experience with eMass is preferred.
- Familiarity with documentation and tools such as: NISPOM,
DAAPM, NIST SP 800-53, DISA STIGs, SCAP.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Windows Server
infrastructure, to include oversight of Active Directory and
inter-company windows domain connectivity.
- Provides leadership to the Windows Server team, overseeing
activities within server imaging, Active Directory management,
- Provide technical direction to lower-level Systems Admins and
- Respond to all escalated service requests and trouble tickets
delivered through the Service Desk.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements
of project's technical design
- Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial
actions taken, and/or installation activities.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of complex system issues.
Works primarily in a virtualized environment.
- Develop change plans for all Windows Enterprise/Domain
- Anti-virus services (improve and standardize) + Privileged
access management + Credential management
- Certificates for users and devices (improved identification on
our networks) and other infrastructure services as needed.
- Manage and track security project tasks, including but not
limited to, security controls development and implementation,
security testing and remediation, compliance tracking, and
documentation for management and auditing activities; tracking of
closed areas assets.
- Assist in the completion of the accreditation process, as
applicable, and help maintain the closed areas accredited status as
required by Defense Security Services (DCSA), Information System
Security Manager (ISSM), and the Authorization to Operate
- Input security artifacts into the eMass risk management and
- Assist in selecting, implementing, and auditing security
controls, contingency plan, configuration management, etc. based on
guidance documents such as NIST
- Perform security assessment and risk analysis including log
auditing and vulnerability scanning.
- Maintain and assist in remediating tasks in Plan of Action and
- Provide regular (weekly or more frequent) project management
- Support the growth, expansion, and continuous modernization of
the closed area environment(s) and associated technologies.
- Interact with representatives of FBI, DCSA, Customers and other
government agencies, as required.Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science OR Technical Degree and 5
years of Information Technology experience OR any equivalent
combination of education, certification, and
experience.BenefitsPacific Defnese is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: Pacific Defense, Nashua , Windows Senior System & Security Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!