Senior Software Engineer DevOps
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every
team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp,
driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize
learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
- Design and create software delivery and deployment pipelines
using Groovy code and shared libraries.
- Help developers deliver their code to production (pipelines,
code quality, Github magic, etc).
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical
individuals to help smooth the tight release deadlines.
- Work closely with developers and QA teams to understand how to
improve their processes and deliver high quality software more
- Hands-on development with Ansible, terraform, and Python
- Help monitor and troubleshoot both development and production
- Communicate the work done clearly and concisely; help
developers and other teams understand the code developed with the
goal of becoming self-sufficient.
- Platforms: Kubernetes, AWS, New Relic, ES, Redis,
- Delivery: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and custom tools
- Data: PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis,
- Programming: NodeJS, Groovy/Java, Python and
- Enterprise tools: GitHub Enterprise, Slack Enterprise, Jira,
- 5+ years of experience in software operations (Continuous
integration, Continuous deployment, development tools, and release
- Hands on experience with Jenkins Pipelines using Docker
containers as artifacts.
- Hands on experience with configuration and automation tools.
Preferable Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with data-driven software and application
troubleshooting using monitoring and collection tools such as New
Relic, Splunk, ELK, kubectl, etc.
- Experience getting the developer's code from inception to
production ready in collaboration with Agile development teams and
infrastructure hosting teams.
- Experience deploying multi-tier software architecture in
virtual infrastructure (Kubernetes and AWS).
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and networking
- Strong understanding and experience with web SaaS
- Familiarity with Agile development tools like Git and
- Familiar with at least one programming language other than bash
- BS in Computer Sciences or related degree desired.
Adaptable and Agile. We reward risk taking.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. We commit to be the brand.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. We stay curious.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. We unleash our edge
Authentic & Customer Centric. We get real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions
to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive,
engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the
potential in their best assets - their people - and build teams
with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million
learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an
intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric
approach to skills development with resources for Leadership
Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital
Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global
organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company
features three award-winning systems that support learning,
performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio
intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite
for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the
entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have
built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept
unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted
by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring
manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency
Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be
deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It
is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment
opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical),
protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class
protected by law.
Keywords: Skillsoft, Nashua , Senior Software Engineer DevOps, IT / Software / Systems , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!