Company: School Specialty, LLC
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPeople Passion PurposeEverything School Specialty
offers is designed for one purpose – to help students succeed. We
believe every student can flourish in an environment where they
feel safe and inspired to explore and grow. We're determined to
positively impact the future, one child at a time. We need to talk
if you share our passion:Transforming more than classrooms.®
Benefits School Specialty offers Medical, Dental, & Vision plans
(Effective Day 1), Wellness programs, Health Savings Accounts,
Flexible Spending Accounts, 401 (k), PTO, Promise Hours dedicated
to volunteering, Education Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Fall &
Winter Flexible Hours, Employee Discounts and much more!
Recruiter IThe Recruiter I is responsible for partnering with our
Hiring Managers to build and sustain quality, diversity, and depth
in our talent pool; and deliver results. In their role, the
Recruiter I is responsible for all facets of recruiting success
throughout the Organization as assigned. Success will be achieved
through the development of local/national recruiting plans,
employing traditional sourcing strategies, passive strategies, as
well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Recruiter I
will play a critical role in ensuring we are sourcing and hiring
the best possible talent.
The base salary range for this role is $45,000-$50,000.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Partner with Hiring Managers to determine specific hiring
needs, qualifications, and selection criteria to meet department
expectations. Work with hiring managers and SR Recruiter on
recruiting planning strategies to fill open positions efficiently
and effectively. Sourcing and selection techniques are to align
with industry best practices that support employee retention.
- Develop skill-based and behavioral interview questions based on
role and level of position (using Korn Ferry selection tools).
- Individually own full cycle of recruiting/interviewing and
selection process for positions assigned. Perform recruiting
administrative support on all selections and assist others in
recruitment as needed/assigned.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
Build networks to source qualified passive candidates. Research and
recommend new sources for active and passive candidate
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing an Applicant
Tracking System (ATS) to enter job postings, review candidates, and
process new hires. Coordinate priming and onboarding activities as
needed. Proactively and timely communicate with applicants for
offers, onboarding activities or declines.
- Post openings online, with professional organizations, and in
other position appropriate venues (e.g., Handshake, local job
networks through Circa, etc.); work with immediate supervisor to
talk through strategy as needed. Utilize professional networking
sites to identify and source candidates. Network through industry
contacts, association membership and current employees.
- Screen/review applicants background, skills and knowledge
compared to position requirements. Conduct pre-screening
interviews: provide only qualified candidates information to Hiring
Manager for consideration, unless otherwise directed.
- Coordinate departmental Interview(s) with HR/Hiring Managers
and coordinate setup for virtual interviewing. Reference check if
requested/required. Create template-based offer letters, extend
offers, coordinate drug testing, pre-employment tests, and
- Understand and follow Affirmative Action (AA) process. Ensure
applicant tracking is compliant with OCFFP/AA and EEOC rules and
tracking. Awareness of state requirements.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the Company, the culture, our
benefits and product offerings to obtain appropriate knowledge to
convey to prospective candidates.
- Prepare reports relating to sourcing effectiveness, recruiting
expenses, HR metrics.
- Professionally represent School Specialty and employment
events, job fairs and collaborate with other key stakeholders for
attendance as needed.
- Perform other work or special projects as assigned.Minimum
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or
related experience with preferably 6-12 months+ of experience
recruiting (or comparable internship). General knowledge of HR laws
and regulations. Developed interview skills with the ability to
execute good judgment.
- Solid customer service skills with the ability to build and
maintain relationships. Proven communication and interpersonal
- Project management experience, with demonstrated experience
managing multiple tasks or responsibilities simultaneously.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with standard hiring practices, concepts,
- Expert with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) programs
and ability to learn other HR related software.Disclaimers The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants
are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled status as a veteran, and
basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information.
Keywords: School Specialty, LLC, Nashua , Recruiter I, Human Resources , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!