Manager, Night Shift Cell Therapy Quality Control
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision
transforming patients lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
* Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a Manager, Night Shift Cell
Therapy Quality Control for our Devens, MA. This role will manage
the operations of the QC Sample Management shift, responsible for
the management of QC samples and materials in support of the QC
* This role works from 6PM to 6AM following a 12-hour rotating
shift (36/48 hours over a 2-week period) which includes working
every other weekend, holidays falling on scheduled workdays.
* Shift differential pay- 20% added to base salary
* Provide supervision of QC Sample Management shift and oversee the
daily Sample Management activities related to in-process, final
release and stability testing of cell therapy drug product.
* Develop and manage a daily work plan for QC associates. Report
out quality and operational metrics.
* Responsible for management of QC samples and materials including
chain of custody, label, receipt, storage, transfer, and disposal
according to GMP requirements and approved procedures. Facilitate
cold chain transfers of samples, as required.
* Hire, mentor and develop the team members to support the business
operations and employee career development.
* Oversee the training of the team members.
* Review and approve procedures for Sample Management
* Collaborate with other departments to identify and implement
* Own and evaluate relevant change controls, investigations,
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in life science or a
combination of education and experience
* 4-6+ years of relevant work experience, preferable in a regulated
* 2+ years of management and people leader experience.
* The incumbent will be working around biohazardous materials.
* The incumbent may be exposed to fluctuating and/or extreme
temperatures on occasion.
* Experience with cold chain sample storage and transfer in a GMP
* Familiar with Excel, Visio, Power Point, and other software
* Experience with laboratory LIMS and ERP systems (e.g., SAP), nice
* Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and follow
regulatory requirements and GMPs.
* Ability to mentor associates, manage multiple assignment while
meeting timelines in a GMP environment.
* Advanced ability to work in a collaborative team environment and
* Advanced ability to work independently in a high-paced team
environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give
new hope to patients, there s no better place than here with our
Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members,
those working on CAR-T.
BMSCART, BMSBL, BMSBLDMA, VETERAN
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the
lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the
field is an essential job function of this role which the Company
deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and
communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and
workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an
approved request for a medical or religious reasonable
accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located
in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already
received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by
their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of
employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law
restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in
certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also
subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives
in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities
can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable
workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles.
Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application or if you are applying to a role based
in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to
receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment
process, please direct your inquiries to ...@bms.com
(mailto:...@bms.com) . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to
access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be
treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Manager, Night Shift Cell Therapy Quality Control, Hospitality & Tourism , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!