Food & Beverage Manager
Company: Sheraton Nashua Hotel
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Description Job Summary: The Food & Beverage Manager is
responsible for assuring the success of all banquet events, while
maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and
service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote
business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll
budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality
consistently high. General Requirements:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with AFP Management
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
including wearing nametags.
- Comply with AFP Management Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.Duties &
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's
- Supervise all banquet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B supervisors and capitains and keep them
informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not
limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules,
quarterly actions plans.
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with AFP
- Understand and be able to prepare payroll and tip
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements
with the appropriate departments.
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Review menu/service with Catering and Sales managers and
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and
communicate to supervisors.
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to
maintain standards of service.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure
that all checks are presented to guests for signature.
- Requisition liquor, etc. for banquet bars.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service
- Oversee banquet set-up assignments.
- Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and
maintenance on a regular basis.
- Conduct menu classes and line-ups for all functions.
- Supervise the work of Banquet Management and Banquet Captains,
while observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Control and maintain all service equipment. Write service
requests as necessary.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.Qualifications:Education &
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
- High school diploma required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge of service standards
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health
department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Previous hotel F&B experience a plus.Physical requirements:
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.We're an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Sheraton Nashua Hotel, Nashua , Food & Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!