Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer - Cell Therapy IT
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference. Summary:Provide central
support for site integrated manufacturing execution platform.
Assure reliable 24/7 operation of integrated manufacturing systems.
Develop methods for maintaining and documenting adherence to BMS
policies and procedures for manufacturing and information systems.
Supports the successful operation of the Devens Cell Therapy
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) . Reporting into a fast
growing IT organization this individual will be responsible for
identifying and driving solutions related to the Devens Cell
Therapy MES system. This will include designing, building, testing
and documenting of solutions and will require a high level of
understanding of MES systems and attention to detail. This
individual will also be responsible for the development and
adherence of MES & IT system governance procedures. Required
Competencies Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and
non-technical team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially regarding
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Client focus
- Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of industry standard integration protocols and
programming applications such as OPC, ODBC, SQL and Web API.
- Knowledge and experience with MES, preferably Emerson
- Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR
part 11, and good documentation practices.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, manufacturing and laboratory
systems and equipment that support Biologics and clinical
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting
programs including InfoBatch, Crystal Reports, Spotfire, Tableau or
- Understanding of computer system validation. Education And
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or MIS discipline.
- Must have experience with MES, preferably Emerson Syncade, in a
bio-tech manufacturing environment.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience in a biotech
manufacturing and supply chain environment.
- Understanding of supply chain, manufacturing domains and
supporting technology including manufacturing and supply chain ERP
systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP).
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and how they
relate to existing and new business systems and practices,
- Sound understanding of Electronic Batch Records (EBR) and
Review by Exception (RBE).
- Must have prior experience working on a project team to
implement, customize, or enhance an MES system. Duties And
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and implementation
partner(s) to configure, build, and deploy the MES and other
Enterprise IT systems.
- Collaborate with business process leads to design master data,
- Provide support for operationalizing the manufacturing and
- Accountable for uninterrupted 24/7 operation of manufacturing
systems for CAR-T manufacturing.
- Support daily operation and future enhancements of MES and
lower-level systems as an IT system owner and technical
expert.Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact
on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply
our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes
the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment.
We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and
programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue
their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Physical
presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is
an essential job function of this role which the Company deems
critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.To
protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and
communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and
workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an
approved request for a medical or religious reasonable
accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located
in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already
received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by
their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of
employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law
restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in
certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also
subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives
in the U.S.Our company is committed to ensuring that people with
disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process,
reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their
roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application or if you are applying to a role based
in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to
receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment
process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit to access our
complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement. BMS will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area. Any data
processed in connection with role applications will be treated in
accordance with applicable data privacy policies and
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer - Cell Therapy IT, Healthcare , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!