Specialist, QC Analytical, B2 shift, Cell Therapy
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision
transforming patients lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This Position qualifies for a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus, $5,000 payable
within 30 days of start date and $5,000 payable following 6 months
of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year
repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a QC Specialist for QC Analytical
at the Cell Therapy Facility (CTF) in Devens, MA. The QC Specialist
is responsible for supporting Quality Control bioanalytical testing
for method validation, critical reagent qualification, in-process,
release, and stability testing of clinical and commercial cell
therapy drug product. This includes the ability to interface with
multiple groups, the ability to independently perform tasks,
interpret results, and troubleshoot. Additionally, the QC
Specialist may assist with assay transfer. The QC Specialist role
is stationed in Devens, MA and reports to the Manager, QC
Analytical for the Devens CTF.
* Perform method transfer/validation and routine testing of
in-process, final product, and stability samples.
* Use scientific principles to assist with analytical testing
methods and the proper use of laboratory equipment.
* Apply technical knowledge and abilities to ensure all testing is
performed in a compliant manner.
* Review all data in accordance with applicable procedures and cGMP
* Anticipate and troubleshoot problems. Communicate effectively
with management regarding task completion, roadblocks, and
* Train new analysts to general job duties.
* Support document revision, project, CAPA, and
investigation/deviation related tasks.
* Perform assigned tasks within a CAPA, deviation, or project.
* Participate in projects and continuous improvement efforts.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
* Support for QC and manufacturing operations requires shift
coverage consisting of weekdays, weekends, holidays, and during
adverse weather conditions. This position works the following shift
* PM Shift: Wednesday to Saturday 2 PM 12 AM
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Science. Advanced
* 2+ years of relevant analytical testing or QC experience or
equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a
* Hands on experience with various bioanalytical techniques (cell
based assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR).
* Experience working with polychromatic flow cytometry panels and
flow cytometry data analysis.
* 1+ years of experience in multi-parameter (> 8-color) flow
cytometry execution and technical support. Experience in cellular
therapies is preferred.
* Strong technical background and expertise with multiple flow
cytometry platforms preferred, including BD Biosciences
* FCS Express software experience is a plus.
* Scientific knowledge in the characterization, validation and
transfer of bioanalytical methods preferred.
* Ability to accurately and completely understand, follow,
interpret and apply Global Regulatory and cGMP requirements.
* Technical writing skills.
* Problem-solving ability/mentality, technically adept and
* Ability to work in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines,
and prioritize work.
* Ability to communicate effectively with peers, department
management and cross-functional peers.
* Knowledge of LIMS and laboratory data analysis systems
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give
new hope to patients, there s no better place than here with our
Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members,
those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are
transforming patients lives through science. From studying
individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this
bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while
making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the
lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the
field is an essential job function of this role which the Company
deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and
communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and
workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an
approved request for a medical or religious reasonable
accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located
in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already
received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by
their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of
employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law
restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in
certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also
subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives
in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities
can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable
workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles.
Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application or if you are applying to a role based
in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to
receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment
process, please direct your inquiries to ...@bms.com
(mailto:...@bms.com) . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to
access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be
treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Specialist, QC Analytical, B2 shift, Cell Therapy, Healthcare , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!