Occupational Therapist OT
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Summary/ObjectiveEvaluate and treat residents and patients with
conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or
emotionally disabling to improve their ability to perform tasks of
daily living and working environments in compliance with federal
guidelines and state practice acts.Essential Functions
- Under a physicians orders, screens and evaluates
resident/patient and develops appropriate care plan.
- Instruct residents, families and caregivers in the use of
adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, splints, and aids for
eating and dressing.
- Maintain patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devise special tools and treatments for the specific needs of
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.Required Education and
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Occupational
- Current license in Occupational Therapy (if required by state
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- State approved certification to provide advanced level
treatments where applicable.Supervisory ResponsibilityMay supervise
COTAs, Rehab Aides, or provisional licensed occupational therapists
per state practice guidelines.Physical DemandsShift work may be
required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands
or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear.
Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids,
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In
compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the position.Other Requirements
- Participate in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to
safeguard against improper use and disclosure of residents
protected health information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures
and state and federal law.Pleasant Valley Nursing Center in Derry,
NH is a 112-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health
care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a
qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in
providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey.
Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply
today!We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: SavaSeniorCare, Nashua , Occupational Therapist OT, Healthcare , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!