Manufacturing Training Manager
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision
transforming patients lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Manager of Training will manage the development, implementation
and sustainability of quality and technical training solutions for
Cell Therapy Manufacturing. This position will ensure employees and
contract staff meet compliance requirements relating to knowledge,
skill and practices necessary for her/his job performance and that
they remain prepared to perform assigned tasks.
* Develops and executes Training strategy including working with
stakeholders to determine learning needs and priorities and
provides appropriate training to meet those learning needs.
* Develops training resources within functional departments to be
able to identify and solve learning needs.
* Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on necessary
Learning Management Systems.
* Evaluate training needs and participates in the development and
delivery of training materials, for network initiatives, including
but not limited to Quality and GMP functions as needed.
* Maintain and improve onboarding experience in alignment with
* Manages and develops direct reports by facilitating on-going
performance management activities. Leads team members, fosters
professional development and growth, and promotes teamwork and
* Develop training materials, in collaboration with SMEs, for
existing employees ensuring all aspects of job responsibilities and
expectations are met to improve efficiency, effectiveness and
compliance and address gaps appropriately.
* Provide guidance and information to leadership on recommended
training programs, curricula and training material development, and
* Manage projects and training initiatives which directly support
Network and GxP initiatives, to effectively implement strategic
business objectives in driving quality, compliance and safety.
* Accountable for aligning across the training/learning
* Support policy and procedural changes and manual design to
improve the quality of the department, to include scheduled review
of all existing documentation, guidelines and materials. Evaluate
and report on effectiveness of the changes.
* Develop and oversee departmental strategy and goals in alignment
with Network strategies.
* Work as a training and competency expert with various teams and
clients developing training material via eLearning, video, and
* Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of adult learning and course design generally attained
through studies resulting in a Bachelor s degree in education,
instructional design, instructional technology, a related
discipline or its equivalent or relevant working experience.
Masters degree in a development/training discipline is
* Biotech/pharmaceutical/GMP industry or experience in a highly
regulated environment strongly preferred
* Minimum of 5 years experience of ELMS and eLearning tools
* Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMP s and the know-how to work
and manage within a regulated environment
* Strong change management skills and demonstrated ability to
simplify and improve business processes
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate and
manage a team with matrix reporting relationships
* Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever-changing business
* Effective verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent verbal communication, documentation and technical
* Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the
lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our
individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive
culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency,
accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest
potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and
flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of
competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our
employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work
and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the
field is an essential job function of this role which the Company
deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee
well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and
communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and
workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an
approved request for a medical or religious reasonable
accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located
in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already
received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by
their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of
employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law
restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in
certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also
subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives
in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities
can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable
workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles.
Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to
accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in
completing this application or if you are applying to a role based
in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to
receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment
process, please direct your inquiries to ...@bms.com
(mailto:...@bms.com) . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to
access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be
treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Nashua , Manufacturing Training Manager, Executive , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!