Program Manager II - Production
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Join us in protecting those who protect us. Our employees work
on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting and
countering threats to aircrews to illuminating the night for ground
troops. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the
technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future; you can as well.
BAE's Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area in the
Electronics Systems (ES) sector has an exciting opportunity for a
Program Manager II. This role will lead assigned portions of the
planning, procurement, manufacture, test, and delivery of common
hardware in a highly matrixed organization construct. The
successful candidate will also manage strategic efforts related to
cost reduction initiatives (CRIs), activities associated with
getting to root cause of hardware process failures, and test
environment stabilization. The work will be based in downtown
Nashua, NH, with the potential to perform some responsibilities
remotely when on-site presence is not required.
- Provide proactive project management, including initiating and
planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing on
- Ensure program management commitments are met, including
achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business
- Develop and maintain integrated master schedule (IMS),
establish earned value (EV) performance criteria, and evaluate EV
- Participate in the support of new business and in the
development of financial plans for the company.
- Measure and regularly report out on program results, including
to senior leadership.
- Lead through inspiration and encouragement and foster a culture
of innovative problem solving, performance excellence, and
continuous improvement on the program team to deliver affordable,
effective, and dependable outcomes.
- Demonstrate a leading role in promoting adherence to the
company's ethical standards and business practices; ensure
compliance with the BAE Systems Operational Assurance Framework and
all other policies and requirements; provide for good stewardship
of the assets of the business.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with
safety and security objectives and policies.Our flexible work
environment provides you a chance to change the world without
giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -
exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us -."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career
with BAE Systems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a Bachelor's degree in a technical or
business-related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience
leading operations, technical, and/or program teams through all
phases of the lifecycle, or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience integrating scope, schedule, and budget for the
successful execution of program objectives.
- Working knowledge of risk and opportunity management, defense
contract types, and partnering with Finance to apply Earned Value
- The ability to collaborate within and across organizational
- This role demands engaged leadership and the ability to
collaborate, influence, negotiate, shape, gain commitment to
action, and be decisive while leading cross-functional teams in the
execution of complex tasks in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must possess sound judgement and the ability to remain calm and
focused, particularly while working within narrow timeframes and in
a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to
interface and negotiate with and present to a variety of
stakeholders including coworkers, leadership, customers, and
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- A background in supply and/or production management.
- PMP Certification.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind
game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every
electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our
customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the
world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from
the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core
are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees
with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for
our customers and the communities we serve.
Keywords: BAE Systems, Nashua , Program Manager II - Production, Executive , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!