Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: VulcanForms Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Born out of MIT, VulcanForms is commercializing the first fully
scalable industrial metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution.
Building the world's most powerful and advanced metal AM system is
the first step towards our vision of lights-out, highest quality
metal AM mass production. We are a team of leading technology and
operational experts with decades of experience in advanced
manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously
seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity,
intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager for our
Devens, MA location.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will assess, monitor, and
enhance business performance for our organization. In this role,
you will analyze current practices, develop business process
improvements, and implement changes in workflows, structures, and
teams to ensure continuous company performance. This position will
require travel between VulcanForms Inc. Headquarters R&D Tech
Center located in Burlington, MA, and VulcanForms Inc. Production
Facility located in Devens, MA.
To ensure success as a Continuous Improvement Manager, you should
be a skilled communicator and be adept at business analysis and
project implementation. An exceptional Continuous Improvement
Manager will understand the latest management methodologies and
embody top leadership principles and styles in their management
duties. The continuous improvement manager shall lead and implement
lean manufacturing concepts.
- Analyzing company processes and procedures.
- Developing process enhancement strategies.
- Investigating shortfalls, issues, and complaints in current
- Establishing norms and standards of company performance.
- Monitoring staff performance and organizational processes.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to enhance productivity
and staff satisfaction.
- Communicating ideas and opinions to other members of
- Managing staff cohorts and teams of various sizes.
- Training, mentoring, and guiding team members in new
- Staying up to date with developments in management and process
optimization and lean manufacturing.
- Skilled in the establishment and enhancement of a Lean
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based workshops to
drive ideas and solutions.
- identify trends and process variations as part of establishing
a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Assist in the development and implementation of a
"best-in-class" continuous improvement strategy.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Process
Management, Engineering, or Operations
- Lean Manufacturing implementation.
- Five years of experience in process optimization, operations,
or business management
- Ability to identify weak points in processes and organizational
- A strategic and analytical mindset.
- An excellent communicator with excellent presentation
- A thorough understanding of the latest process enhancement
- Dynamic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Confidence in your abilities to lead organizational change
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project,
Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts
including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Authorized to work within the U.S. without restrictions or
sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. Citizen or lawful Permanent
Resident of the U.S. (U.S. green card holder))
- A project manager who takes accountability for ideas from
inception to delivery in an environment that requires robust
metrics to confirm success
- Preferred requirements are knowledge of statistical analysis
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
- Experience with the Additive Manufacturing Process
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification
- ASQ Quality Auditor Certification
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of
setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available to you
starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and
11 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.
Keywords: VulcanForms Inc., Nashua , Continuous Improvement Manager, Executive , Ayer, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!