Evening Operations Manager Trainee
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Title: Evening Operations Manager TraineeDepartment: Retail
StoreTHIS POSTING IS FOR D21Primary Purpose of Job:Manage retail
operations during the evening hours making decisions impacting
store associates, merchandise quality and presentation and the
level of service offered to our customers. Build associate and
customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of
Hannaford Strategy through store huddles, role modeling our
cultural behaviors and consistent use of all available tools to
help manage for performance. Ensure that store conditions involving
store appearance, security, safety and food safety are consistently
maintained at the highest level. Accountable for proper control of
store funds and company assets.Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in attaining financial objectives: sales, payroll
percent, gross margin, shrink, MPP net percent effectiveness and
control of other expenses.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed as
- Foster a sales-driven, consumer focused culture through
relationship building and promoting an atmosphere of enthusiastic
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity and respect.
Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive
counseling, when necessary.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the entire store
during the evening hours.
- Ensure the maintenance of the store's appearance and
presentation and ensure quality conditions of all products.
- Manage performance of duties and responsibilities of all
- Make hiring, training and performance management
recommendations for evening shift associates.
- Support the development needs of evening store associates.
- Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up
required for the efficient performance of the store.
- Observe and ensure compliance with company security, safety and
food safety standards.
- Maintain techniques and layouts of merchandise consistent with
the corporate merchandising philosophy.
- Complete understanding of the causes and means for resolving
inventory shrink issues in the assigned departments.
- Understand the use of company tools such as: MPP, financial
reports, scheduling, ordering and business information
- Have a solid understanding of standard practices for all
- Maintain solid communications with the management team, all
associates in the store and throughout the organization.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position,
with or without reasonable accommodations.Requirements
- Strong understanding of store operations and total store
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability and
willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of
- Demonstrated good judgement solving problems, making decisions,
handling complaints, arbitrating disputes and resolving
- Desire and ability to lead and manage associates throughout
- Department Manager or equivalent experience required.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety
Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a "Certified
Food Safety Manager" or will be required to attend company provided
training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the
first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while
employed in a position requiring accreditation.Physical
Requirements:1.Ability to use computers and other communication
systems required to perform job functions.2.Lift up to 20 lbs.
regularly, including overhead lifting and up to 60 lbs.
occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.3.Meet established
volume and fixed activity standards.4.Stand or walk 100% the
majority of the time.5.Ability to reach, grasp and lift individual
stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.6.Be able to
handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials,
packaging materials, and food production.7.Frequent Bending,
kneeling and squatting.8. Tolerate working in the extreme hot/cold
temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
Keywords: Hannaford, Nashua , Evening Operations Manager Trainee, Executive , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!