Diesel Mechanic - Nashua Area School Districts
Company: First Student
Posted on: September 17, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Nashua, Litchfield & Hudson School Districts! First things
First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor,
First Student, is North America's leading school transportation
solutions provider. We complete 5 million student journeys daily,
moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team
of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety
record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100
school districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- The wage of $30.35 / hour is set per the Union contract.
- An additional $.20 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 5:30 am - 2 pm or 9 am - 5:30 pm full-time shift
schedule and consistent, year-round work.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k) with company
matching up to 6%
- The company pays 80% of the cost of medical insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation
- 10 company-paid holidays
- 5 Paid sick days per year
- Annual allowances for boots ($200), tools ($250), prescription
safety glasses, and company-paid uniforms
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
Type-A, Type-C, and Type-D among gas-powered school buses to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level technicians.
Other major job duties include:
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases,
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Technician
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
within 90 days while employed - We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test. Get your career on the road with First
Student! conditions apply; offer expires 10/31/2023 We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer; by doing so, we will sustain and
promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, Nashua , Diesel Mechanic - Nashua Area School Districts, Engineering , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!