Scientist, FPGA Design Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Description: Job Title: Scientist, FPGA Design EngineerJob Code:
SAS20222007-87170Job Location: Nashua, NH Job Description:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for EW and SIGINT technology
that can be utilized cross-functionally.
- Develop Signal Processing Architectures targeting single chip
and distributed chip low latency signal classification and
- Architect High Complexity solutions targeting FPGAs against
requirements and implement those solutions in FPGA platforms.
- Work with a variety of firmware, software, and systems
development teams, assuring requirements are verified in a
consistent fashion prior to firmware delivery to Integration.
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to
FPGA implementation specifications.
- Map FPGA simulation work products to system-level requirements
- Refine and enforce consistent firmware development processes
across FPGA designs.
- Lead team of engineers generating the FPGA design solutions,
assuring adherence to a formal FPGA Development Process.
- Ensure the FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate
and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- Work cross-functionally to adopt a common development process,
including the development and documentation of Requirements and
Design Concept through Test Readiness review, prior to Integration.
- System level knowledge of Electronic Warfare technology and
SIGINT with a concentration in FPGA Firmware Architecture
development and support.
- Experience and understanding of RF concepts and constraints
including analog/digital conversion, channel bandwidth, resolution
BW, noise, gain, and power.
- Experience targeting VPX architectures and familiarity with the
newly released SOSA standards.
- Experience with High Complexity FPGA Digital Design Techniques
- Experience debugging down to the hardware level & experience
using Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, Digital Oscilloscopes and
Embedded FPGA Debugging tools.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant
experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior
related experience. Preferred Additional Skills
- Active Secret Clearance ir Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- MATLAB signal processing and simulation
- FPGA: Mentor Graphics HDL Designer, Mentor Graphics
ModelSim/Questa, Synopsis Synplicity, Xilinx ISE, Xilinx Vivado,
- FPGA: UVM, OVM, SystemVerilog, SystemC.
- FPGA: Bring-up of advanced FPGA products like SoC, MPSoC,
RFSoC, ACAP, etc.
- General: Microsoft Office, DOORs (Requirement Specification and
Tractability), Revision Control (PTC Integrity, CVS, SVN, GIT,
etc), JIRA, Confluence, Linux.
- Programming in C, C++, Python, TCL.
- Working knowledge of Circuit Card design: Schematic Entry,
- MSEE or PhD, Computer Engineering or related field. L3Harris
Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and
applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining
a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other
related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where
permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Nashua , Scientist, FPGA Design Engineer, Engineering , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!