Company: Greif, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to
make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always
Job Requisition #:018990 Process Engineer (Open)
Job DescriptionProvide technical support and training to a
production department. Drive continuous improvement in the
performance of all aspects of the operation - safety, quality
assurance and customer service, productivity, operating
efficiencies and cost containment.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with
Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Provide leadership, technical support and training to guide
changes to plant process and procedures to reduce process
variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce
manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Audit integrity of all mill weights and measures systems such
as stock freeness, roll weights, roll lineal footage and direct
material usage depending on mill location. Track the progress and
results of projects through appropriate records and measurements,
which are reviewed monthly. Work through team members to make
course adjustments to meet project milestones and goals.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects
and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized.
Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating
recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of
changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and
project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill
safety and housekeeping programs and procedures to ensure a safe
and healthy workplace.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock
preparation, including refining, wet end, sheet pressing and
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and
decision making techniques if applicable.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and
related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow
- Results in production management career path; responsibilities
include qualification as shift supervisor and filling in whenever
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical
engineering or related technical field from a pulp and paper
- 1+ years' experience in manufacturing, industrial or process
engineering, product or technology development.
Knowledge And Skills
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment
such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational
excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both
written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for
growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age,
national origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read
Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
Keywords: Greif, Inc., Nashua , Process Engineer, Engineering , Fitchburg, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!