Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineer will support our operations departments.
This role will be responsible for all manufacturing processes in
these areas. The other primary functions of this role will be the
support of daily production issues, process improvements through
advanced manufacturing methods. The support of lean and six sigma
initiatives along with cost improvement activities will be a
primary function of the Manufacturing Engineer.Activities may
include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and
controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient
- Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems, helping to
drive continual improvement
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in
sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related
- Monitors assigned production operations to assure compliance
with approved methods and quality standards.
- Responsible for all phases of assigned standard engineering
projects, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within
an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
- Implements process improvements to meet quality standards,
performs feasibility studies and solves problems.
- Designs and plans layout for such processes as painting,
slitting, molding, printing, and other material-processing
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for
cutting, shaping, and otherwise preparing basic material,
exercising judgment in compromising between conflicting
requirements, economic evaluation of methods, and operator
effectiveness and comfort.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in
designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design
allowables, processing processes and quality engineering
- Material analyses may include failure analysis of components,
systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and
- May review and approve subcontractor material processing
- Plans and formulates engineering programs/projects.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of
projects, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of
specifications and technical plans and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering
principles, company standards and customer requirements. Direct
integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Under general direction, responsible for the completion of
assigned complex or long-term engineering projects within budgetary
and scheduling guidelines.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of
site initiatives or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans,
proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and
financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans
and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains
- Work with employees assigned to various projects from
technical, manufacturing and administrative areas
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft
Office and Google Apps (mail, docs, sheets, slides, forms)
- Solid understanding of CAD, ladder logic, and PLC programming
- Familiarity with common RCA methods
- Knowledgeable in Oracle ERP system
- Good Math and analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Good organization and attention to detail
- General scientific and engineering knowledge
- Ability to interface with cross-functional groups to define and
execute overall requirements.
- Familiarity in process documentation and
improvementEDUCATION:Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial,
Electrical, Plastics, Manufacturing or Systems EngineeringASQ Six
Sigma Green Belt (Preferred) or other certification#MOGUL#PIQ
Who we are!
- Our Story:Avery dennison is everywhere you look:
- We not only embrace change we drive it.
- Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas
turn into action.
- We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and
for the business.
- We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities
- We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and
think bigger to improve the quality of all life.Avery Dennison is a
great place to work for everyone.We offer:
- Structured learning and development
- Mentoring program
- Competitive total rewards
- Commitment to SustainabilityAt Avery Dennison we do what we
love and we love what we do.We look forward to receiving your
application.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a
job, alternative methods are available to submit an application.
Please contact 440.534.6080
firstname.lastname@example.org discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer,
Location: Lunenburg, MA - 01462 , PL: 538179451Required
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Nashua , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Lunenburg, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!