Junior Process Engineer
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: May 9, 2022
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most
advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to
illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and
space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered
today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for
the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment
provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your
personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our
mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us -." Sound like a team you
want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and
program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading
Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big
ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity, and have
the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
We are seeking a Junior Process Engineer to work full-time onsite
in a fast paced manufacturing environment at their Nashua, New
Hampshire facility. Working in a team based environment, and being
able to adapt to a rapidly changing production factory environment
brings with it an exciting opportunity to influence the successful
execution of production goals and achieving operational excellence.
In this role, the process engineer will be responsible for
providing process engineering, and PPV/FAI support. The role
provides a fascinating opportunity to apply hands-on engineering
problem solving, data analyses, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing
principles to improve assembly processes. This position is to
support first shift factory operations.
Full-time Onsite: Because of the need for consistent, in=person
collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due
to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed
full-time onsite. This manes work will be conducted on location at
BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provides process engineering support on current production
programs and supports overall manufacturing execution to meet cost,
quality and delivery targets.
- Proactively identifies process improvements, and engages with
factory and program teams to implement process changes and
continuous improvement initiatives for achieving operational
- Day to day support of the production floor activities, driving
defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with
technicians and operators.
- Analyze defect data to identify areas to improve yield and
- Applies Six Sigma tools, lean manufacturing principles and lead
green belt projects to solve production problems and improve
- Participates in and documents customer corrective action
- Supports requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and
equipment to support current manufacturing operations and
recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supports the implementation of new automation assembly
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or in a related
- At least 2 years engineering work experience
- Eligible for Secret Security clearance
- Team oriented to seeks solutions with a collaborative
- Process or manufacturing engineering industry experience.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work overtime
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret Security clearance
- Green Belt and/or Lean manufacturing training and demonstrated
ability to apply these principles.
- Prior experience working within a DoD environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an
international defense, aerospace and security company which
delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and
naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security,
information technology solutions and customer support services.
Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission,
but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your
passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security
with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence
solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national
security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a
big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a
rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems
(ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing
defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we
push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge
and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products
and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the
ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000
highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest
minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and
the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of
skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the
table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're
laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to
nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and
thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will
also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and
collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Keywords: BAE Systems, Nashua , Junior Process Engineer, Engineering , Nashua, New Hampshire
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!